How To Get Your Kids Out Of Foster Care

It’s amazing to me how easy it is to get your kids back after abusing them. In almost every case where a child is taken out of the parents home and placed into foster care, the main case goal is reunification. Contrary to some popular belief, the state doesn’t really want to take kids out of their homes. When they do have to place kids in foster care, they really work to get them back into the home. It’s actually pretty easy to get your kids back from foster care… just do what they say. The problem is that some parents are selfish and don’t accept responsibility. Getting your kids back from foster care is as easy as not feeding them chocolate cereal.
chocolate cereal

What does chocolate cereal have to do with getting your kids out of foster care? It doesn’t specifically, it’s an analogy that was given to me by a therapist while in foster care to help me understand the situation with my parents and why we weren’t going home (much to me relief). Let’s say your feeding your child chocolate cereal and one day DFS comes in and takes your kids because chocolate cereal is bad for kids. Now you and I both know that while chocolate cereal may not be the healthiest choice isn’t going to kill them and they should be able to eat it. As a parent though, are you going to argue your point, say that chocolate cereal is not bad and you did nothing wrong, while your child is sitting in foster care? As a parent myself I would apologize and promise to never feed my kids chocolate cereal again so I could get them back. It’s not about if I’m right or wrong at that point, it’s about getting your kids back at home with you. At least it should be.

Some parents just can’t admit they were wrong. As with many problems, you must admit that you have a problem before you can fix it. Why? If you don’t think it was a problem then are you going to make sure it really happens again? Many people who get caught in something and don’t come to the realization they are wrong, then repeat the behavior, learning from getting caught only how to hide it better. That can be deadly in regards to child abuse. Also why maybe place a child into a situation where it may happen again? I wouldn’t bet a child’s well being just to give a parent a second chance without them showing that it’s not going to happen again.

Another thing I’ve seen is parents upset because they don’t like DFS agreeing or accepting their “lifestyle” or who’s in their lives. Too many parents chose drugs or partners over their children. If DFS doesn’t like your new boyfriend are you really going to argue that he’s not who DFS thinks he is off criminal records or bad behavior or do what it take to get back your kids? You’s think it would be an easy answer and it is, people just don’t always choose whats best for their kids. Obviously this doesn’t go for every parents with kids in foster care, but let’s be honest they make us the majority. How do you get your kids out of foster care? Accept your wrongs, make improvements and put your kids before you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Responses to How To Get Your Kids Out Of Foster Care

1. Bryana Thomas says:

My babies are in foster care temporarily I am fighting to get them back home out case worker is helping my mental health was really bad that’s why they were taking from me.

2. StayingOnTOP says:

My husband and I are trying to hsg our child out of foster care. They feel since he’s the victim of domestic violence he has to prove he can protect my son. What can he do to prove that. What can we do to get our son back I cry almost every day. I’m getting hopeless.

3. Sarah Eve Whyte says:

Hi my name is Sarah Whyte I was wandering if you could help as I feel very alone,
    I suffer from Autism and the social services saw how messy and disorganised my household can be sometimes. They previously have complaints that I need support.
    Also my time management and lack of support and isolation .
    I confessed this to the social services expecting them to know how to help somehow.
    Now my birthday their taking me to court to pursue care proceedings for my 9yr old child.
    Dispite I am bonded with him and we love each other very much and he is very happy with me.
    I have to admit I smoke canibis to that does not help but I done it for my anxiety and have cut down drastically. And need help to fully stop as my anxiety is very high and now I’m constantly worried about loosing my son.
    I was in a unhappy relationship at the time his now moved out and im pregnant with his child.
    Since his moved out we are not arguing anymore.
    I feel devastated that they make me feel that I use my autism as a excuse when I don’t im just trying to explain to them but I feel very misunderstood.
    I need help to be the parent they want me to be so I do not loose my wonderful son.
    But they don’t make clear exactly what I need to do and expect me to guess everything. I
    really need help and support I feel as though social services are pulling my heart apart. I was told also that by law they should offer me some kind of support that they refuse. I need hope that my son can be returned to me and that I can get the right support thanks. And im worried if my child goes 8nto care me and my child will be very hurt and miss each outher very much. And i imagine social services will show no care or emotional support at this dificult time.
    Any advice i would be very grateful thanks.
    Sarah Whyte

4. grandma hurting says:

My grandson was put in faster care from his mother because he was not takeing care of my son lives in a nother steate he is not 28th the mother how can he get custody of his son .being the mother lost custody.

5. donna says:

How can my son get his son out of fosters care he lives in ny and mother is in Vermont she just had the boy takeing away from her and he is now in fosters care how can my son get his son mother and father are not together and had not been together in years

6. shytione mcintosh says:

how long does it take for your parent to get you out of foster care