How To Get Your Kids Out Of Foster Care

It’s amazing to me how easy it is to get your kids back after abusing them. In almost every case where a child is taken out of the parent’s home and placed into foster care, the main case goal is reunification. Contrary to popular belief, the state doesn’t actually want to take kids away from their parents. So, when Social Services makes the decision to place children in foster care, they work diligently to get them back into the parent’s custody. This means it’s actually fairly easy to get your children back from foster care…as long as you do what is told to you! The problem is, some parents are not accountable for what’s taken place and won’t accept the responsibility. Getting your kids back from foster care can be as easy as… not feeding them chocolate cereal.

chocolate cereal

You may be wondering “What does chocolate cereal have to do with getting my kids out of foster care?” Well, it doesn’t specifically pertain to you, but it’s an analogy that was given to me by a therapist while in foster care. This helped me to understand the situation with my parents and why we weren’t ever making that trip back home (much to my relief). Let’s just say the reason the child was removed from your care is that you feed your child chocolate cereal. Then, one-day DFS comes in and takes your child away because they say “Chocolate cereal is bad for kids!” Now, you and I both know, that while chocolate cereal may not be the healthiest choice, it isn’t going to hurt them. If you allow it, they should be able to eat it, right? The answer is “no”. As a parent, are you really going to argue your point, just to say that “chocolate cereal is not bad” and you did nothing wrong, while your child is sitting in foster care? Again, the answer is “no!” As a parent, you would apologize and promise to never feed your child chocolate cereal again, so you could get them back. It’s not about if your right or wrong at this point, it’s about getting your child back at home with you. Or, at least, it should be.

Some parents just can’t admit they were wrong. Don’t be one of those parents. As with many real-life issues, you must admit that you have a problem before you can fix it. Why? If you don’t think it was a problem, are you going to make sure that it never happens again? Many people who get caught in something don’t come to the realization they are wrong, only to repeat the behavior, while they are learning from getting caught, on how to hide it better the next time. I think that’s something logical we can all agree upon. However, this mindset can be deadly in regards to child abuse. Also, why would Social Services place a child back into a situation where it may happen again? The answer is “they won’t!”. They will not put aside a child’s well-being just to give a parent a second chance without them proving that it won’t happen again.

I’ve also seen those parents who are upset because they “don’t like DFS disagreeing, not accepting their lifestyle, or who may be in their lives”. Too many parents chose drugs or partners over their children. That’s a fact. So, if Social Services doesn’t like your new boyfriend, are you really going to argue that he’s not who DFS thinks he is? Even with his criminal records or bad behavior? Or, are you going to do what it takes to get your child back? You think it would be an easy answer and trust me it is, but parents don’t always choose what’s best for their child. Obviously, this doesn’t go for every parent with children in foster care, but let’s be honest, they make up the majority. So, how do you get your kids out of foster care? It easy! After you get consultation on the legal procedure at http://federal-lawyer.com/ you just have to accept your wrongs, make improvements and put your kids before you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Responses to How To Get Your Kids Out Of Foster Care

1. Bryana Thomas says:

My babies are in foster care temporarily I am fighting to get them back home out case worker is helping my mental health was really bad that’s why they were taking from me.

2. Tanya says:

I wanted to know what i can do to get my kids back.3years ago i got sick and Let my kids stay with there dad and he abused them now i am being blamed for what he did.the child protection works say i dont know much and dont know how to be a mom.this is a lie.i have a two year old son that the cook country Chicago Illnoise court may give my son to my ex boyfriend.my ex boyfriend is violent and angery all the time and abused kids and has lots of mental problems.i dont understand how they can fail my son.what can i do to get my kids back?

3. My child been taken under police custody into care while I was mistaken for a criminal ,a fabricated false accusation was created by the Social services with wrong names wrong dates ,to put my child into foster ,before I could say bah ,what can one do ,I try everything and run against walls it seem like a tied net of Authority misusing there position and stealing children , this need to be addressed ,

all lies and even home ed was against me , that she speaks with an accent because we are foreign was against me ,I was discriminated by a child psychiatrist Dr De Jong who never really spoken to us only took the lies on and added more that is bad ,my family is abroad and according to the crazy psychiatrist is withholding her family , how bizarre I thought ORMOND STREET is good , now I have my doubts how many children are become subject to misconduct , the government should do something all this is supported by a dodgy judge please read link which will open your eyes what is going on misuse of vulnerable to steal children , https://judgesbehavingbadlyblog.wordpress.com/

4. Megan says:

My kids are in foster care because of a abusive relationship. I am no longer sith there father. But there trying to put my mids up for adoption. My 1st child was dropped on her head a day after she came home from the hospital because of her dad. I have the dad and his mom trying to frame me as a unfit parent with the workers because the dad doesn’t want responsibility. I am on the verge of losing my kids and he wont let me move on with my life. This has been a on and if relationship scene i was 15. Can i please have advice?

5. Autumn says:

I was put in foster care when I was 10 and I’m still in it and my mom is doing everything she can to get me back but they won’t let me and it’s been 5 and a half years and I don’t get listened to over half the time

6. shannon denman says:

i have a friend who has 3 kids in foster homes he has become such a much better person and he wants his kids back its the mother that is a nightmare what would be his first step at getting custody of them again now hes working and supporting himself better

7. Josephine says:

When I was 17 my first born was taken from me while I was in foster care. Now that I am 24 and have two other children I would like to find out how I would go about trying to get her back.

8. JaMece Turner says:

Hi my kids are in foster care I have a 1 year old in foster care because I was homeless and I was listening to my abusive boyfriend in jail putting money on his books instead of taking care period after your I got pregnant again and I have my daughter she’s 3 months now and they take her away because my child is in foster care I don’t think it’s fair and I’m fighting for her rights back and I’m still working on getting my son back at the same time can I get some help please.

9. AM! says:

It actually depends on who your caseworker is and what their intentions are when your child is taken. My experience with it is my child was taken for something I REALLY did not do and that NOBODY else did either. I set my 8 month old on a bed in a pop-up camper after feeding him, turned around for less than one minute and threw his food away when he was finished, and when I turned back around, he was rolling off that bed and when I got to him, he had rolled through a broken part in the fabric wall of the camper that i was not aware of and that the owners of the camper did not make me aware of before. If I had known, I would never have laid my baby on that bed, especially when he was at the age of rolling around all the time. So he fell through that wall to the ground which was a gravel driveway. He broke his leg. I cannot say whether the fall broke his leg or if his leg was caught on something during the fall, I don’t know. His father was out in the street smoking a cigarette during this and as soon as my baby fell, I screamed his name and ran out to retrieve him and his father was already running from the street to him. I of course took him to the hospital but the truth was not believed and my child was only 8 months old so unable to speak what really happened, and the owner of the camper, the only other witness besides me and my baby’s father, would not testify for us because she was selfish and afraid she would be sued because he was hurt on her property and in her property, which I would not have done. She was really the only hope of not having my baby taken, but she screwed us. Even took the camper down and threw all of our belongings we had in it in the back of their truck when I called her from the hospital to say he broke his leg. They did not allow DCFS to come and photograph the broken wall for two weeks. They actually threatened me if I involved them or their camper, which of course i did because I spoke the truth of what happened. From the beginning, my caseworker was against us, trying to get us to voluntarily give up rights, replacing any worker that supervised out visits if they gave us a good report, even going as far as to try and convince one of those workers to go against us in court. They lied, violated rights, rigged services to go against us, all kinds of things. So, before claiming that DCFS WANTS to give a child back, think about how some of the workers there really don’t and are actually after that bonus the get for adopting out foster children (yeah that’s real). If you read the news, many children that actually ARE abused are actually left in the parents’ home with DCFS just doing weekly visits, but the child ends up murdered by the parents even though DCFS is involved in their lives, but children that are NOT abused are taken from the parents and they try their hardest to get the rights taken so they can adopt the child out. My only thoughts on why they do this with children who aren’t abused is maybe the child will not have any psychological problems due to neglect and abuse since they weren’t neglected or abused and it’s more likely they’ll be adopted and DCFS gets that bonus? I don’t know all of their reasonings, I just know the caseworker I had, and many other people in America dealing with DCFS, they did not have the intention of trying to help the parents and putting the kid back with their loving family that really did NOTHING, except in my case, all I did was turn my back for not even a minute after feeding my child, which I did while holding him. I should have put him in his bouncer for feeding, but with no knowledge of the broken wall, I didn’t think to do that. Many regrets for life. But against many DCFS intentions as well. Ones that are actually caring for the welfare of abused children are great and useful and wonderful, but the others, like mine…horrible, heartless, liars.